Click for larger
Update! Our poster, by Jossette Simo, is now available for purchase at the Palm Beach Film Society store!
The 2014 Voices of Local Film line-up has been released, and we have a terrific mix of drama, comedy, documentary and a film from a young filmmaker. Also, check below for the time, date, location!
In alphabetical order:
- Butter & Cheese; director: Tashi Dhondup; 12:22. A short documentary film about a nomadic family who live in the highlands of Sikkim, India, against the backdrop of the majestic Himalayan mountains. It follows the unique lifestyle of the yak herders the process of making yak dairy products such as butter and cheese.
- Destroy All Spiders; director: Juan Diaz; starring: Jamie Normand, Martin Hovsepian; 19:05; comedy. A send-up of classic b-movies, as a hitman teams up with a scream queen to battle alien spiders.
- Goodfellas, Sweded; director: Wally Lurz; starring: Cheese & Crackers Improv Group; 3:22. A Swede from Cheese & Crackers that lampoons the classic “How Am I Funny” scene from Goodfellas.
- The Happy Hooligan; director: Bruce Feigenbaum; starring: Douglas Rill, David Ausem, Christi Berlane, James Hook and Ian Cooper. An adaption of a short story by Kurt Vonnegut, in the year 2116, Americans live in a Utopian society. There’s only one catch.
- Spread My Wings; director: Nicole Rankin; starring: Nicole Rankin; 3:16; drama. A sensitive look at the effects of bullying on a teenager named Faith.
- They Live, Sweded; director: Jason Galotti; starring: Doug Hansen, Jason Galotti; 14:20; comedy. A spoof on the classic 80s film about alien invasion and wrestling star Roddy Piper.
Cobb Theatre, Downtown at the Gardens
Sunday April 6, 2014
This year, we are teaming up with the Student Showcase of Films, presented by the Palm Beach Film and Television Commission, and there will be great films from local filmmakers, and up-and-coming directors.
Please spread the word! Tickets can be bought here. And we encourage you to go to other Palm Beach International Film Festival events and films.